Scientists have found a "toxic " of chemicals on Mars. It would kill living thing. The say the discovery of the chemicals means the of finding life on Mars is very . The scientists study the in the that might have life. Mars has no ozone . This means there are high of ultra-violet (UV) radiation. This mixes with the chemicals and makes it for anything to grow on Mars.
The scientists said that just the chemicals were to kill living . When they mix with UV rays, the mix kills things 11 times faster. The scientists said: "The of…Mars is [harmful] to cells, caused by a toxic cocktail of [chemicals] and UV radiation." They say their research is that the land on Mars is to any kind of life. They say the chemicals and UV make, "much of the surface and near-surface uninhabitable".