About Sean Banville
British, Master's (distinction) in TEFL/TESL, Apple iMac lover, Arsenal Football Club supporter, gardener, visitor to 49 countries, early riser, long-distance swimmer and cyclist.
I also blog - See here: Sean Banville's Blog
My sites' Facebook page
And I tweet - Sean on Twitter
Sean Banville's Other Websites (Thousands More Lessons)
I also have thousands of other lessons on my other websites.
- If you are interested in communicative language teaching and pronunciation, you might like to take a look at my dissertation (downloadable as PDF):
"What is meant by communicativeness in EFL teaching? An evaluation of the pronunciation component in a sample of elementary level course materials, with proposals for improvement incorporating a Discourse Intonation approach."
2003, The University of Birmingham, U.K.
- You might also want to read an article of mine on creating news lessons:
"Creating ESL/EFL Lessons Based on News and Current Events"
The Internet TESL Journal, Vol. XI, No. 9, September 2005.
Teaching the News
A few thoughts from a presentation I gave at TESOL Arabia in March, 2008 about bringing news / current events into the classroom.
- You can also download a free sample PDF showing various parts of my book:
"1,000 Ideas & Activities for Language Teachers"
- info [at] breakingnewsenglish.com
Help Support and Promote This Website
- Recommend my site on blogs, forums and other sites.
- E-mail me to say "hi" and give me feedback.
- Consider buying my 1,000 Ideas and Activities book.
- Consider contributing via a donation.