- ESL Discussions.com: Over 13,000 conversation questions, hundreds of Word and PDF handouts. Controversial and everyday discussion topics. For speaking practice in and out of class.
- Listen A Minute.com: One-minute listenings with downloadable, printable exercises, online quizzes and Flash activities.
- Famous People Lessons.com: ESL / EFL lessons using biographies and profiles of over 150 famous people from sports, politics, popular culture, movies and more. Free Word and PDF downloads plus MP3 listening.
- ESL Holiday Lessons.com: Lessons and activities on holidays, anniversaries, commemorations and other notable days in the world calendar. Free Word and PDF downloads plus MP3 listening.
- News English Lessons.com: ESL lessons on current events in simpler English. Free downloads plus MP3 listening, interactive activities and flash quizzes.
- Sean Banville on Twitter: 140-character updates on all of my sites.
- Free ESL Materials.com: A site containing links to free materials for ESL teachers and students.
- Business English Materials.com - Free 20-page printable handouts, downloads, MP3 listening and online quizzes.
- Lessons On American Presidents.com - Free, printable handouts, downloads, MP3 listening and online quizzes on U.S. Presidents.
- Lessons On Movies.com - Free printable handouts, downloads, MP3 listening and online quizzes on films and cinema.
- Sean Banville.com: My blog - Stuff from my head about teaching and technology. (In progress.)
Recommended ESL/EFL Blogs and a Ning
- Free ESL Materials - Blogs: A page outlining 130+ (May, 2011) ESL and ELT blogs.
- Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day: A constant source of very informative posts, links and updates on all things ESL, ELL and EFL from one of ESL's best bloggers.
- Teaching Life: A not-to-be-missed blog for 21st-Century teachers on teaching, language, testing, tech.... Written by 21st-Century teacher and blogger Chris Cattaneo.
- EFL Classroom 2.0: An extremely comprehensive ning for teachers and students. Check out the impressive site map for anything and everything EFL/ESL. From David Deubelbeis - "When one teaches, two learn".
- Teacher Reboot Camp: Shelly Terrell's posts on the latest developments and tools available to educators, from Twitter to Second Life.
- Kalinago English: Musings, information, ideas and reviews on ESL teaching and educational technology from blogger Karenne Sylvester.
- Burcu Akyol's Blog: Impressions, reflections, reviews, tips and resources from an extremely entusiastic and hardworking English teacher and pioneer of using technology in the classroom. Tales of real-life, ambitious projects.
- Ozge Karaoglu's Blog: About teaching, learning, reflecting and being a 21st century learner & teacher. Contains excellent reviews of the very latest digital tools for the classroom.
- TEFL Matters: From Marisa Constantinides - Thoughts on language teaching, language teacher education and new technologies.
- ESOL Courses: Well crafted and imaginative lessons from Sue Lyon-Jones using YouTube videos and other interactive technology.
- The Educator's PLN: From Tom Whitby - A ning site dedicated to the support of a Personal Learning Network for Educators. 6,000+educators (as of May, 2011) ans growing.
- Fluency MC: How to speak fluent English – 34 experts give their tips.
Sites for Teachers and Students
- ELLLO: English Language Listening Lab Online. Listen to English speakers from all over the world. Over 400 listening activities that include quizes and texts. New listening every day.
- Teacher Training Videos: Videos to help teachers to incorporate technology into their teaching. Easy step-by-step screencast guides to the latest classroom technologies. From Russell Stannard.
- Dream Reader: Five different kinds of content, including academic English - downloadable PDFs with quizzes and audio. Independent study and classroom use. New content updated regularly.
- Activities for ESL Students: Quizzes, tests, exercises and puzzles. Has thousands of contributions from teachers.
- Interesting Things for ESL Students: Quizzes, word games, word puzzles, proverbs, slang expressions, anagrams, a random-sentence generator and other computer assisted language learning activities.
- Using English.com: Online ESL resources for students and teachers - for ESL, EFL, ESOL, and EAP.
- eslflow.com: Acollection of links to lessons sorted by theme and level.
- ESL Topics Magazine: Online magazine that offers learners of English an opportunity to express and publish their ideas in English.
- Teachers-Pet.org: A free tool that quickly and easily creates many vocabulary activities from MS Word texts. An add-on to the Word menu bar.
- EnglishClub.com: A compendium of resources for teachers and students, plus information on international schools and ESL worldwide.
- Bee Oasis.com: Over 1,000 stories graded at 5 levels in the Arts and Sciences. Many of the stories have audio. Classic fiction brought up to date. For extensive reading.
- Simple English News.com: Daily news headlines and very short articles behind the headlines.
- NewsFlashEnglish.com: Weekly lessons on news of Slovakia. Word and PDF handouts.
- Global Issues in Language Education: Excellent newsletter (click "Back Issues") to "promote global awareness, international understanding, social responsibility and action to solve world problems through content-based language teaching...."
- Princeford English College: Located in Umeda, Osaka, Princeford provides a very personal, at-home and fun learning experience. Private and group lessons available as well as TOEIC, TOEFL and speaking classes.
- MarkBainDesign: Mark designs & builds bespoke websites for individuals, small businesses & start-ups. He upgraded BreakingNewsEnglish to its current mobile-friendly format.
Information to Link to this Site
Breaking News English
Free, ready-to-use EFL / ESL lesson plans on the latest breaking news -in 7 levels. New lessons uploaded every 2 days. Each lesson includes a 26-page PDF containing all-skills activities, a 2-page mini-lesson, 5-speed listening, multi-speed scrolled reading, interactive dictation, 30+ online quizzes... and more.
The whole thing in HTML (to open in a new window):
<a href="http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/"> Breaking News English.com</a> - Free, ready-to-use EFL / ESL lesson plans on the latest breaking news -in 7 levels. New lessons uploaded every 2 days. Each lesson includes a 26-page PDF containing all-skills activities, a 2-page mini-lesson, 5-speed listening, multi-speed scrolled reading, interactive dictation, 30+ online quizzes... and more.
If you would like an image, you may use this:
See Lessons Based On These Themes
Help Support and Promote This Website
Recommend my site on blogs, forums and other sites.
Consider buying my 1,000 Ideas and Activities book.
Please consider helping Breaking News English.com.
Looking For More Links?