This is the text (if you need help).
A cardigan that was worn by the singer Kurt Cobain during a live appearance on MTV has broken the record for the most expensive cardigan ever sold at auction. An anonymous buyer forked out an astonishing $334,000 for the piece of apparel. The cardigan was part of a two-day sale of rock memorabilia at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York. It attracted a lot of attention pre-auction when the auction house described it as being "one of the most famous sweaters in music history". Cobain wore the olive green acrylic and mohair cardigan while performing live on the TV show MTV Unplugged in November 1993 with his band Nirvana. He played a largely acoustic set of his favorite songs and cover songs.
The cardigan was made by the maker Manhattan. It has reportedly never been washed since Cobain last wore it and has a hole in it from a cigarette burn. The cardigan was previously bought in 2015 by a buyer who wished to remain anonymous but has since spoken about his purchase. The owner described the responsibility he felt in owning such a famous piece of rock and roll history. He told reporters: "I thought, 'Oh, now I'm also going to be responsible for this.' It was kind of like when my children were born years ago - I was so happy to see them, but then I was like, 'Oh no.'" For those who cannot afford auctions, Mr Cobain's daughter has started a fashion collection called Kurt Was Here.Comprehension questions
- On what TV show did Kurt Cobain wear the cardigan?
- What is the name of the person who bought the cardigan?
- Where was on sale at the two-day auction in New York?
- What colour is the cardigan?
- What songs did Kurt Cobain play besides his favourites?
- What is the name of the brand that made the cardigan?
- What burnt a hole in the cardigan?
- When was the cardigan previously bought?
- What did the previous owner say he felt owning the cardigan?
- What is the name of Kurt Cobain's daughter's fashion collection?
Back to the Kurt Cobain lesson.