This is the text (if you need help).
China is set to become the world's largest automobile exporter for the first time. In the first quarter of this year, China surpassed traditional car-making giants Japan and Germany for the first time. Chinese manufacturers exported more than 1.06 million vehicles in the first quarter of 2023. In doing so, they overtook Japan's number of 1.05 million. China's car industry has made great strides in the past few years. Throughout the 2010s, it managed to produce around a million cars a year. That doubled to two million in 2021 and then tripled to three million a year later. China is forecast to more than quadruple production numbers from just four years ago to become the world's largest auto exporter.
China is becoming the world's largest manufacturer of electric vehicles (EVs). Elon Musk's Tesla has a giant "gigafactory" in China. It has a capacity of 1.25 million vehicles a year, but is yet to reach maximum output. The plant exports a large volume of Tesla cars to Canada, Europe and Japan. However, Tesla is about to lose its crown as the world's largest EV maker to a Chinese company called BYD. Last month, BYD launched a compact EV called Seagull, with a starting price of $11,000. The top three countries that China exports cars to are Russia, the United States and Mexico. Exports to Russia have been boosted by Western countries imposing trade sanctions on Moscow.
- When did China become the world's largest automobile exporter?
- What countries did China overtake to become the largest exporter?
- How many cars did Japan export in the first three months of 2023?
- By how much did China's auto exports rise in 2021?
- How much bigger will China's car exports be in 2023 than in 2019?
- Which company has a "gigafactory" in China?
- Which company will soon be the world's largest exporter of EVs?
- How much is a new compact EV selling for?
- What are the three countries China exports the most cars to?
- What does the article say Western countries have imposed on Russia?
Back to the Chinese car companies lesson.