This is the text (if you need help).
One of the word's most famous beer companies is changing the name of its best-selling beer. The company is Anheuser-Busch (AB), which is the USA's largest maker of beer. It is going to change the name of its Budweiser beer to 'America'. The name change will be only for six months, between May 23 and November. A company spokesperson said the name change is to try and increase sales. Budweiser used to be the USA's most popular beer but it has been losing market share for over 25 years. The word 'America' will replace the word 'Budweiser' on its cans. It will also use the same font that AB uses for Budweiser. In addition, the initials "AB" will be replaced by "US".
The new name and labeling is part of Budweiser’s summer-long campaign called "America is in Your Hands". There are many important national days during the campaign period, starting with the Memorial Day weekend on May 30 and ending with the presidential elections in November. In between are the summer Olympics and Labor Day. The company wants Americans to feel proud of America – both the company and the beer. Budweiser's vice president Ricardo Marques said: "Budweiser has always strived to embody America in a bottle, and we're honoured to salute this great nation, where our beer has been passionately brewed for the past 140 years."Comprehension questions
- What is the name of the company that makes Budweiser?
- For how long will Budweiser have its new name?
- When will the name change begin?
- For how long has Budweiser been losing market share?
- What will the initials "AB" change to on Budweiser cans?
- What is the name of Budweiser's summer-long campaign?
- What is happening on May 30th in the USA?
- What is happening in the USA at the end of the campaign?
- What is the position of Ricardo Marquez in Budweiser?
- For how long has Budweiser been brewed in the USA?
Back to the America lesson.