This is the text (if you need help).
The singer Nicki Minaj has told her millions of Twitter followers she would pay university tuition fees for some of them if they can get A-grades. The 34-year-old rapper agreed to donate thousands of dollars to 30 fans if they could prove they got straight A's at high school. She also promised she would pay more tuition fees in the future. Ms Minaj tweeted: "Show me straight A's that I can verify with your school, and I'll pay [your college fees]." In an additional tweet, she joked: "Let me make those payments tomorrow, then see if I have any money left." Soon after she posted her tweet on Twitter, she received thousands of replies. One student asked for $6,000 to pay for his accommodation, books, classes and food.
Minaj did not initially plan to pay for her fans' tuition fees. She started tweeting about a contest to fly in a fan from anywhere in the world to join her at a music awards show in Las Vegas. A fan quickly asked if she would pay for his college fees and things went on from there. Nicki Minaj was born in Trinidad and raised in New York. A New York Times editor suggested she was, "the most influential female rapper of all time". She has sold 20 million singles worldwide as a solo artist, and another 60 million singles as a featured or guest artist. One Twitter user said: "She is…one of the most compassionate, caring and generous people in all of the entertainment industry."Comprehension questions
- How many followers does Nicki Minaj have on Twitter?
- How much did Nicki Minaj promise to donate to fans?
- What did Nicki Minaj say she wanted to verify?
- How many replies did Nicki Minaj receive to her tweet?
- How much did a fan want for his college fees?
- Where did Nicki Minaj initially want fans to join her?
- Where did Nicki Minaj grow up?
- Who said Minaj was the most influential female rapper ever?
- How many singles has Minaj sold as a solo artist?
- What industry did a Twitter user say Minaj was in?
Back to the Nicki Minaj lesson.