This is the text (if you need help).
There is good news for fans of the Star Wars movies. There will be another episode. It will be the ninth film to be made. The name of the new Star Wars movie was announced in Chicago. It is called "The Rise of Skywalker". There is a two-minute trailer of the movie for people to watch. The trailer is now on YouTube. It gives people a taste of what the new movie will be like. The trailer was first posted on Twitter, with the words: "Every generation has a legend." The new film will have an all-star cast. Actor Mark Hamill will play Luke Skywalker, and the late Carrie Fisher will play Princess Leia. Fisher died in 2016, but the filmmakers were able to use previously unseen footage from the movie "The Force Awakens".
The Star Wars movies are among the most successful films ever made. The first one was released in 1977 and was made by the film-maker George Lucas. Over forty years later, they are still hugely popular. Lucas' company Lucasfilm made the first six movies. Disney bought the company in 2012 for just over $4 billion. In 2018, the total value of the Star Wars franchise was estimated to be around $65 billion. Film critic Roger Ebert said the first Star Wars movie changed Hollywood and influenced how movies were made for decades after. The original Star Wars movie began a new generation of films that used a lot of special effects and high-energy action scenes.Comprehension questions
- What kind of news is there for Star Wars fans?
- How many Star Wars movies have already been made?
- How long is the trailer for the new Star Wars movie?
- What does the trailer say every generation has?
- When did the actor Carrie Fisher pass away?
- When was the original Star Wars movie released?
- What is the name of the company that made the first Star Wars?
- How much did Disney buy the Star Wars company for?
- How much was the Star Wars franchise worth in 2018?
- What kind of effects did the first Star Wars use?
Back to the Star Wars lesson.