This is the text (if you need help).
The British royal family is in shock. Queen Elizabeth's grandson Prince Harry has decided to leave the UK and walk away from the royal family. Harry and his wife Meghan will move to Canada. They both want a new life away from the paparazzi in the UK. Prince Harry's mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, died because paparazzi photographers chased the car she was in. Harry does not want journalists to affect the life of his wife and baby son. Harry told the world about his decision on social media. He wrote on Instagram: "We intend to step back as 'senior' members of the Royal Family." He added that living in Canada would provide his family, "with the space to focus on the next chapter".
The UK media reported that the Queen was not happy with Prince Harry's decision. The Queen, Harry's father Prince Charles and brother Prince William talked to Harry about his future. Reporters said Charles might cut the money he gives to his son. Harry and Meghan have official titles as members of the royal family - they are the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. If they leave the UK, they may lose those titles. Reporters say they hope to make money from their fame. The opinion of people in the UK is divided. Some say Harry is a traitor; others support Harry and say the media was racist towards Meghan. London's waxworks museum Madame Tussauds has removed Meghan and Harry from its royal family display.Comprehension questions
- How does Britain's royal family feel right now?
- What does Harry want to get away from?
- What website did Harry use to tell the world he was moving?
- What are Harry and Meghan stepping back as?
- What does Harry want to focus on in Canada?
- What might Prince Charles give Harry less of?
- What is Prince Harry's official title?
- What did the article say Harry hoped to make from his fame?
- Who did Harry say was racist towards Meghan?
- What did a London museum remove from its display?
Back to the the lesson page lesson.