This is the text (if you need help).
Technology trailblazer Elon Musk has unveiled a pig with a computer chip implanted in her brain that could pave the way to computer-to-brain interfaces in humans. Mr Musk has a near-unrivalled record in pioneering technology, from electric cars and hyperloop travel to space tourism. Gertrude the pig showcases his latest ambition - to allow us to control computers with our brains. Conversely, computers could enhance our brainpower and abilities. The interface is part of a tech startup called Neuralink. Mr Musk announced that trials would soon begin on humans. He believes the technology represents a giant leap into the future and will considerably change our lives by giving us superhuman powers.
The results shown in Gertrude the pig were somewhat modest in comparison to the potential Mr Musk envisages the technology will one day deliver. He hopes Neuralink will help people with neurological conditions like strokes, dementia and headaches. It could also mean our brain is wired directly to the Internet. Just like in a science fiction movie, we could control phones, computers and household devices simply with the power of thought. The most mind-blowing aspect of the technology is what Musk calls "superhuman cognition". This is to counter artificial intelligence becoming powerful enough to destroy the human race. He added the technology will "achieve symbiosis with artificial intelligence".Comprehension questions
- What could the experiment on the pig pave the way to?
- What kind of travel did the article mention Mr Musk has pioneered?
- What did the article say computers could enhance in us?
- What is the name of Mr Musk's startup?
- What does the technology represent a giant leap into?
- What is the pig's name?
- What conditions might the technology help?
- What kind of movie did the article compare this technology to?
- What did Mr Musk say was a mind-blowing aspect of the technology?
- What did Mr Musk say the technology could protect us against?
Back to the superhuman powers lesson.