A woman ended up in hospital after eating a amount of the spicy wasabi by mistake. The 60-year-old woman was attending a wedding in Israel. She ate around a teaspoon of the spicy green paste, believing it to be an avocado-based . Her taste buds got the of their lives when the spices in the wasabi started working on her and nose. The woman said that within minutes she felt in her chest and tingling all over her arms. She went to hospital the day, where she was diagnosed with "broken-heart syndrome". This is a term for symptoms that are similar to a heart attack following physical or emotional .
Doctors said the woman was struck with a known as takotsubo cardiomyopathy, which affects older women. It is also called "broken-heart syndrome". The heart's pumping chamber weakens and suffers a "temporary disruption" so that it cannot pump properly. It is usually brought on by life-altering and shocking such as financial troubles, serious traffic or bad news. The syndrome is not as as a real heart attack. Most patients fully recover within a month. Doctors said: "To the of our knowledge, this is the first report of takotsubo cardiomyopathy triggered by wasabi ." They reassured sushi that wasabi is not dangerous.