A woman ended in hospital after eating a large amount the spicy condiment wasabi mistake. The 60-year-old woman was attending a wedding reception Israel. She mistakenly ate around a teaspoon the spicy green paste, believing it to be an avocado-based dip. Her taste buds got the shock their lives when the spices in the wasabi started working her tongue and nose. The woman said that minutes she felt pressure in her chest and tingling all her arms. She went to hospital the following day, where she was diagnosed with "broken-heart syndrome". This is a term symptoms that are similar to a heart attack following physical or emotional distress.
Doctors said the woman was struck a condition known as takotsubo cardiomyopathy, which typically affects older women. It is also called "broken-heart syndrome". The heart's main pumping chamber weakens and suffers a "temporary disruption" so that it cannot pump blood properly. It is usually brought by life-altering and shocking events such as financial troubles, serious traffic accidents or bad news. The syndrome is not as serious as a real heart attack. Most patients fully recover a month. Doctors said: "To the best our knowledge, this is the first report takotsubo cardiomyopathy triggered wasabi consumption." They reassured sushi lovers that wasabi is not dangerous.