This is the text (if you need help).
A dog in the USA had to go on a diet. He is a beagle called Wolfgang. He was three times heavier than a normal beagle. This was very dangerous for his health. He risked having many different canine diseases and problems. Poor Wolfgang was in an animal shelter. His owner abandoned him and left him at the shelter. The owner also overfed Wolfgang, so he ballooned in size. Many visitors came to the shelter for a dog, but no one took Wolfgang because he was so big. Then, dog lover Erin McManus came to the rescue. She saw Wolfgang at the shelter and it was love at first sight. She took the overweight dog home and decided to help him lose weight. She put him on a crash diet.
Wolfgang is now doing very well on his diet. He is limited to just 600 calories a day. He swims in the family pool every day, goes on walks, and exercises on a water treadmill. The kgs are now falling off him. Ms McManus is very happy with his progress. She said: "I make his food. It's lean turkey, lots of vegetables, and some supplements." She said he has lost over 12kgs. Beagles usually weigh around 13kgs, but Wolfgang weighed 40kgs. He now has his own Instagram account with over 37,000 followers. McManus said: "I think his personality shines through. He's just such a nice dog. It's so hard to say no to that face." One Instagram fan wrote: "I love following his journey. That boy touches my heart."Comprehension questions
- What breed of dog is Wolfgang?
- What kinds of diseases did Wolfgang the dog risk getting?
- Where did the dog's previous owner abandon him?
- Why didn't any visitors take Wolfgang?
- What happened the first time Erin saw Wolfgang?
- What is the maximum number of calories per day Wolfgang can have?
- What kind of turkey does Erin give Wolfgang?
- How many followers does Wolfgang have on Instagram?
- What does Erin say shines through with Wolfgang?
- What does a fan on Instagram love following?
Back to the dog diet lesson.