This is the text (if you need help).
A British man who broke lockdown rules to be with his girlfriend has spoken to newspapers. Dale McLaughlan, 28, really wanted to see his new love Jessica Radcliffe. However, he was in lockdown in Scotland and she was 43 kilometres away on the Isle of Man - a small island in the Irish Sea. Dale was love-struck and decided he had to see his love. He bought a jet ski for $10,800 and rode it across the sea. He didn't realize how dangerous the journey would be. The sea was very rough and a huge wave washed away his GPS. He thought it would take 45 minutes to get to the Isle of Man but it took over four hours. For most of that time, he thought he was lost and had no idea where he was.
Dale was arrested by police and was sentenced to four weeks in prison for breaking lockdown rules. He said his adventure was worth it. He risked his life to see Jessica. It was the first time he had ever used a jet ski. He described his experience. He said: "The first time I stood on a jet ski was in that harbour. As soon as I hit open water, I thought, 'Oh my God'. It was terrible. It wasn't fun. I followed the GPS, but after half an hour a massive wave wiped it away. I didn't have a clue where I was going. I thought I was lost at sea. I was so scared." He added: "I broke the law, but I did it for love. I should never have done it. It could be called a crime of passion." Jessica says she loves Dale and wants to marry him.Comprehension questions
- Who did the man speak to about his jet ski experience?
- How far away does the man's girlfriend live?
- Where does the man's girlfriend live?
- What did a huge wave wash away?
- How long did it take the man to cross the sea?
- How long was the prison sentence the man got?
- How many times had the man been on a jet ski before?
- What did the man think when he hit open water?
- How did the man feel?
- What does the man's girlfriend want to do?
Back to the jet ski lesson.