Reporters are saying the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have abandoned social media. The Duke (formerly Prince Harry) and his wife Meghan have reportedly said goodbye to their social media accounts. They want to focus on their new life together in the USA. The "Sunday Times" newspaper in the UK wrote that the couple have no plans to use social media for their non-profit organisation or for their personal lives. The newspaper said the couple have become sad and tired of all the "hate" they see online. They both decided to step down as active members of the British royal family last year. Since then, many people have attacked and criticised them on their Instagram account.
Harry and Meghans' main social media account was @sussexroyal on Instagram. They have 10.4 million followers on this account but have not posted any new content since March 2020. A source told the "Sunday Times" that the couple were "very unlikely" to use social media again. Meghan has spoken out about the harm social media can do. She was the subject of many attacks after she married into Britain's royal family. She said she experienced "almost unsurvivable" online abuse and cyberbullying. She added that she was the most trolled person in the world in 2019. This news comes as social media companies are in the spotlight for suspending the accounts of US President Donald Trump.