This is the text (if you need help).
Dubai is famous for world records. It has the world's tallest skyscraper, the largest shopping mall and the most luxurious hotel. The city in the UAE now has the world's deepest dive pool. Deep Dive Dubai is 60 metres deep and is filled with nearly 14 million litres of water. This is the same amount of water that is in six Olympic-sized swimming pools. The water temperature is 30º Celsius, so divers do not need to wear thick wetsuits. The pool is part of an oyster-shaped underground complex. It has an 80-seat restaurant and conference rooms. There is also an aquatic film studio with a complete editing room. This means movie-makers will use the complex to film underwater scenes.
The Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, was one of the first guests at Deep Dive Dubai. He tested the water and did a dive. Actor Will Smith also visited the pool. The Deep Dive Dubai website invites visitors to "explore a stunning underwater attraction that is themed to resemble an abandoned sunken city". The site adds: "It will take several dives to explore this vast underwater city, which is filled with adventure and wonder. The pool is equipped with 56 cameras to ensure the safety of the divers. State-of-the-art lighting and sound systems create a variety of underwater moods." The pool is staffed by a team of expert international diving professionals.Comprehension questions
- What kind of hotel is mentioned in the article?
- What is the temperature of the Deep Dive Dubai pool?
- What is the shape of the Deep Dive Dubai complex?
- How many seats does the Deep Dive Dubai restaurant have?
- What will movie-makers be able to shoot at Deep Dive Dubai?
- What did Dubai's Crown Prince do at Deep Dive Dubai?
- How many dives are needed to explore Deep Dive Dubai's city?
- What do the 56 cameras do at Deep Dive Dubai?
- What does state-of-the-art lighting and sound create a variety of?
- What is Deep Dive Dubai staffed by a team of?
Back to the Deep Dive Dubai lesson.